Page 1 of 1

J.C.Bretts Marble DK

Posted: 14 Dec 2007 07:08 pm
by irene
Hi everyone,
just a tip to anyone who might be thinking of buying J.C.Bretts Marble DK. buy an extra ball, because it uses a lot more yarn than normal.I have just done a plain cardigan size 38 and only 23 length and it has taken 6 100g balls, the pattern says 5 100g balls. I must add it is an great yarn and very interesting to knit.
Has anyone else found this?
Irene :)

[Admin - This post has been split from Lantern Moon Needles as I thought it was too interesting to get 'lost' at the bottom of another post]

marble

Posted: 07 Jun 2008 10:27 am
by exiled
Hi,this is not an answer but a question.I would never have considered this yarn, being acrylic but it looks really pretty.The colour range is very attractive.How does it feel to knit?Is it soft or synthetically harsh?
I would appreciate your feedback as I do seem to pay a lot for wools and my credit card won,t stand many more expensive additions to my stash.

Posted: 07 Jun 2008 12:57 pm
by Northernknitter
I haven't used the DK but I have used the chunky. I found it a lovely soft yarn to use (and wear) and I really loved the colours in it :)

marble

Posted: 07 Jun 2008 04:07 pm
by exiled
thank you,I am tempted to order some. :) :)

Posted: 08 Jun 2008 10:47 am
by Liz
I really like all of JC Bretts acrylic yarns...in fact most of my stash is acrylic.