Page 1 of 1

adding a pocket

Posted: 22 Jan 2008 11:10 am
by karinmackk
Can any tell me how to insert a pocket as I'm going along. I don't want to add it on after I've finished.
I vaguely remember that you have to put stitches on a holder for the pocket top but nothing else. :oops:

:thanks:
karin

pockets

Posted: 22 Jan 2008 06:45 pm
by Heksie
:wink:
Hi Karin

I do have instructions on how to do it but will have to look for it and then translate it as it is in afrikaans. Please give me a few days to look for it.

Heksie

Posted: 22 Jan 2008 07:01 pm
by karinmackk
that would be great thanks, my Afrikaans is non existant :laugh:

karin

pockets

Posted: 25 Jan 2008 07:46 pm
by Heksie
Karin
I have found the instructions but are currently translating it and knitting a small sample to ensure that I give you the correct instructions. Please bear with me for a few days more
heksie :roll:

Posted: 26 Jan 2008 11:26 am
by karinmackk
Thanks so much for going to all that trouble. Hopefully one day I might be able to return the favour.

thanks again
karin

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 07:40 am
by soha
just thought I could also mention that should your knitting be in rib, then casting of in rib ensure that the last row has a little stretch to it. I found it works very well for instance when knitting booties from the foot up. also when you have knitted the neck band in on a jumper, especially for todlers or children. Make the pulling over the head easy.