Page 1 of 1
"hello"I am new
Posted: 14 Jan 2008 04:28 pm
by ann
I have been knitting on and off for over 40years, now knitting for my grandchildren,I am going to try knitting baby socks, never done that before, can I do them on 2 needles? have knitted baby cardigans and jackets. and lots of Jean Greenhowe's knitted dolls which are really fun to do the patterns are so easy to follow.
Posted: 14 Jan 2008 04:41 pm
by Knitwit
I've only just joined too, but welcome!

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 04:51 pm
by ann
thanks for the welcome, nice to know there are people on this forum.
ann :D
Posted: 14 Jan 2008 06:22 pm
by Northernknitter
Hi and welcome to the forum

Posted: 14 Jan 2008 07:59 pm
by irene
hello ann, and welcome to our forum
Irene

Posted: 15 Jan 2008 05:58 pm
by Janet
Hello Ann
You should find baby socks on 2 needles OK. As babies don't walk around the seamless effect you get on 4 needles doesn't matter.
Janet
Posted: 16 Jan 2008 08:56 pm
by Liz
Hi Ann
I'm a big fan of Jean Greenhowes patterns too. I'm making her cinderella doll (again!) at the moment.
I'm also wanting to knit socks and want to do them on 2 needles.
Liz
Posted: 17 Jan 2008 08:29 am
by grant42
Hi and welcome.
Posted: 22 Jan 2008 09:30 pm
by knittingmummy
Hello,
My name is Amanda look forward to getting to know you.
Posted: 11 Feb 2008 08:40 pm
by jane
Hi Ann, welcome to the forum. I too make Jean Greenhowe dolls and have done a number of Alan Dart's toys too. Wouldn't knitting baby socks on 2 needles be similar to knitting bootees? - They're easy so you should find socks ok too
hello Jane
Posted: 12 Feb 2008 07:55 am
by ann
hi Jane
thanks for the welcome, I have just finished Jean Greenhowes Mrs Christmas and she has knitted up well, really pleased with her. I am a great fan of Jean Greenhowe's patterns, have 6 of her books now, the trouble is when i finish a doll I just can't part with it, so I have a cupboard full of them. this house is turning into a toy shop.
Have done Alan Dart's Victorian mice. Tried doing baby socks on 2 needles, found a pattern on the net, but disaster!!!!!!! but havn't given up yet. will try doing the bootee's.
ann
Posted: 16 Feb 2008 02:29 pm
by Titch
Hi Ann
I find it easier to use two circular needles for very small items so there's still no seam.
Posted: 16 Feb 2008 03:00 pm
by ann
Hi Titch in the wool stash,
will give that a go, never done anything on circular needles before,,going to try and finish a babies hoodie I am doing its for Christmas, and then i will try the socks, trying to be very good and finish ongoing things. but then I see more wool and I must have it , going to try the multi coloured wool for the socks.
Ann