Posted: 05 Nov 2008 09:02 pm
We all had a bit of a go at Sirdar on this thread.
I thought I would just point out that other companies can get it wrong sometimes.
I am using a Stylecraft pattern number 4924 which is a few years old now. It is for a ladies waistcoat in 4 ply and has a lace panel down the fronts. It is the first time I have used it and it had me raging for a while because the instructions for the lace panel are wrong. Fortunately I have found the exact same lace design in my copy of Mary Thomas's Knitting Patterns and have been able to correct the errors and get working on my project. A less experienced knitter could well have thought it was them and given up.
I am not posting this to blame Stylecraft just to point out that these mistakes do happen.
Janet
I thought I would just point out that other companies can get it wrong sometimes.
I am using a Stylecraft pattern number 4924 which is a few years old now. It is for a ladies waistcoat in 4 ply and has a lace panel down the fronts. It is the first time I have used it and it had me raging for a while because the instructions for the lace panel are wrong. Fortunately I have found the exact same lace design in my copy of Mary Thomas's Knitting Patterns and have been able to correct the errors and get working on my project. A less experienced knitter could well have thought it was them and given up.
I am not posting this to blame Stylecraft just to point out that these mistakes do happen.
Janet