Sirdar Click Zig Zag sweaters pattern

Did you buy a Pattern Book that you absolutely loved? Or brought a yarn which fell to bits? Write a review for others to view here.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
KnitterRach
.
.
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 May 2008 01:52 pm
Location: Surrey

Sirdar Click Zig Zag sweaters pattern

Post by KnitterRach »

Hello all I'm new here but I just needed to share with someone how frustrated I am :roll:

I recently bought the Sirdar Click leaflet 9019 for long sleeved and tank top type sweaters with a Zig Zag pattern and a deep V neck.
I decided to use some nice slightly expensive sublime yarn and eagerly made a start on the tank top version. Everything was going very well the pattern was set out well and easy to follow until...I got to the zig zag pattern at the top of the back. I followed the armhole shapings but then the leaflet just seems to become vague and gives you the start of the Zig zag but you have to use almost guesswork to do the rest.

Maybe it is just me but it went horribly wrong and I read the leaflet again and again not sure whether I'm missing something really obvious.

I really like the sweaters and would love to try again but am reluctant to be using up yarn only to get stuck in the same place again.

Has anyone else used this pattern? I can't help feeling it's a shame it is so idiotproof right until the end of the back and then it just leaves you to work it out! Or is it much easier than I think it is :lol:

Be interested to hear if anyone else has had trouble, I am not an expert knitter but not a complete novice either.
Rach x
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

Hi
I was having problems with a pattern and in the end e mailed Sirdar they will get back to you but it might take a few days, worth a try
ann
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

Sorry I've not tried this pattern. You could always type on here what part of the pattern you are stuck on and we could try to help....no guarantees though! :D

Liz
KnitterRach
.
.
Posts: 4
Joined: 20 May 2008 01:52 pm
Location: Surrey

Post by KnitterRach »

Thanks for the suggestions I think I will try to email Sirdar as it is their pattern after all. It's very frustrating as it isn't a difficult knit just that the pattern isn't quite clear enough on how to proceed.
Rach x
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

That sounds so frustrating :cry: I hope you get some help from Sirdar, and if not as the others have said if you post the instructions on here someone may be able to help you. :)
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

How annoying, I hope you get it sorted.
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

I do wonder about some of the knitters they use for trying out the patterns. I think the more modern patterns are not as user friendly as some of the older ones, but maybe that is just me :roll:
ImageImage
exiled
....
....
Posts: 71
Joined: 07 Jun 2008 08:41 am
Location: sweden

new compared with old patterns

Post by exiled »

how I agree with you.I have quite a collection of wartime.50,s and 60,s patterns and they beat modern patterns hands down.
May be I am adversely prejudiced against Sirdar( see other category),but comparing one of their patterns with a quite complex old one is like comparing the proverbial chalk with cheese.I think the designers have just got lazy.At the risk of getting too much on my soap box,maybe we should start showing these manufacturers that they need to do a bit more to earn their money.THey are there for our convenience,not the other way round.
Sorry about the rant,hopefully everyone is going to send in with their manufacturer recommendations!!!!!!!!!!!!!
knitting not smoking
Post Reply