J.C.Bretts Marble DK

Did you buy a Pattern Book that you absolutely loved? Or brought a yarn which fell to bits? Write a review for others to view here.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
irene
...
...
Posts: 31
Joined: 14 Oct 2007 07:01 pm
Location: liverpool

J.C.Bretts Marble DK

Post by irene »

Hi everyone,
just a tip to anyone who might be thinking of buying J.C.Bretts Marble DK. buy an extra ball, because it uses a lot more yarn than normal.I have just done a plain cardigan size 38 and only 23 length and it has taken 6 100g balls, the pattern says 5 100g balls. I must add it is an great yarn and very interesting to knit.
Has anyone else found this?
Irene :)

[Admin - This post has been split from Lantern Moon Needles as I thought it was too interesting to get 'lost' at the bottom of another post]
exiled
....
....
Posts: 71
Joined: 07 Jun 2008 08:41 am
Location: sweden

marble

Post by exiled »

Hi,this is not an answer but a question.I would never have considered this yarn, being acrylic but it looks really pretty.The colour range is very attractive.How does it feel to knit?Is it soft or synthetically harsh?
I would appreciate your feedback as I do seem to pay a lot for wools and my credit card won,t stand many more expensive additions to my stash.
knitting not smoking
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

I haven't used the DK but I have used the chunky. I found it a lovely soft yarn to use (and wear) and I really loved the colours in it :)
exiled
....
....
Posts: 71
Joined: 07 Jun 2008 08:41 am
Location: sweden

marble

Post by exiled »

thank you,I am tempted to order some. :) :)
knitting not smoking
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

I really like all of JC Bretts acrylic yarns...in fact most of my stash is acrylic.
Post Reply