I eventually managed to get the stripes to match up!

In this section you can show off what you have made and post links to any online galleries you have.

Moderator: admin

Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

Well done it's lovely! I really like the colours and design...what yarn did you use?

Liz
grant42
.....
.....
Posts: 129
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK

Post by grant42 »

Thats gorgeous,well done. :)
Cheryl

Ravelry ID: grant42
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

hi
thanks ladies, it was Elle escapade d/k (swinging ) nice and soft which surprised me as its 100% acrylic, its much brighter than it is on the computer screen,it took me a long time to knit and quite a few times it nearly ended up in the bin,but a little ball of wool wasn't going to beat me!!!!!!!!!! there is a bit of waste if you want the stripes to match up.
must serch all the stash now and start all over again
have a lovely day,
ann
irene
...
...
Posts: 31
Joined: 14 Oct 2007 07:01 pm
Location: liverpool

Post by irene »

Thats lovely Ann. you managed to make it match after all. Do you think you would knit an adult garment with it, or is that testing your patience to much? :wink:
Well done
Irene :)
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

Hi Irene.
no think I will stick to baby/toddler knitting for that wool, otherwise I would be knitting myself a wig when I had pulled all my hair out haha if I do anything for myself it will be chunky or aran. my sons partner now wants the jumper in " river rafting" for the baby and 3 people in the baby day nursery have asked if they can have them as well, " what have I let myself in for "
have a good evening.
ann
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

Hi Ann
I'm so glad you got it to work out as I was feeling really guilty, having persuaded you that the yarn was lovely! :oops: It certainly looks beautiful! I hope you feel it was worth all the hassle :lol:
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

Mmmm....maybe I won't try this one then...!
irene
...
...
Posts: 31
Joined: 14 Oct 2007 07:01 pm
Location: liverpool

Post by irene »

Hi ann,
Thats what you get for being such a good knitter, and so patience.
I bet you wish you hadnt shown it to them know. :cry:
Best wishes and good luck
Irene :wink:
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Well done Ann, it is lovely :D
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

hi
good morning ladies, had an idea with the wool thats over going to try and do a pair of socks, really dosn't matter too much if the stripes line up or not on them, but they must be done on 2 needles anyone got any ideas where i can get a pattern must be easy!!!!!!!! and thanks Janine for telling me about the wool you can relax now haha.
ann
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

Hi Ann

I made my first pair of socks last week using this simple pattern on 2 needles. http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/PATTsoxon2stix.html

Liz
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

Hi Liz
they look good, going to try them will let you know how they work out. must get cracking on some housework, well perhaps not better off in the garden while the sun is out.
Ann
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

I know what you mean, I'm trying to study but the sun is lovely today! Fingers crossed it'll be nice all weekend!

Let me know how you get on with your socks, if you find other good patterns let me know, cos I can't manage circular and I have a fear of losing 4/5 double pointed needles...must try them at some point, as I did buy some!

Liz
Last edited by Liz on 22 May 2008 04:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

They look nice, but sound complicated! :? Was it fiddly to knit the sewing thread in without it getting all knotted up? What yarn did you use?
Post Reply