If you want to rant or rave about Alan Dart or Jean Greenhowe patterns or have any tips for their patterns or books, just post here.
If there are any other toy designers out there feel free to add links to your websites.
Jean Greenhowe has lauched a new Website - www.jeangreenhowe.com.
It has lots of information about her and her work. It also has newsletters, fan mail, knitters' gallery and a free downloadable patterns. Worth a Look.
Any comments, tips etc - feel free to post here - if it relevant to a certain book please start a new post with the name of the book as the subject.
The site is great, well worth keeping an eye on.
I've got a few of her books and have knitted a few items. I knitted one of the McScarecrow clan for my brother in laws butcher shop (we live in the highlands) and knitted a haggis for it to hold!! It took quite a while to knit but was well worth it.
If anyone is just starting the little snowmen, santa and christmas decorations are a good place to start. They're really quick to do and look great. I did about 8 of them and turned them into a christmas mobile. Now I've got loads to do this year for family and friends!!
Have a go they're great fun.
I have to confess to being an addict to Jean Greenhowe's books. They were the first patterns I bought as a child and I developed my knitting techniques from her patterns. I LOVE making toys and love seeing childrens faces when they get one!
I also love Intarsia knitting on childrens jumpers.
Liz wrote:
I also love Intarsia knitting on childrens jumpers.
Liz
Thats my favorite thing to knit intarsia on jumpers,the kids dont want them now but hubby wants a spongebob square pants one which i shall do him later on.
I've been knitting Jean Greenhowe and Alan Dart toys all summer. So far I've done 3 scarecrows, cinderella, topsy turvy dolls, santa, snowman, fireman, rainbow babies and teddy by Jean and westie and rabbit (x2) by Alan. I love the patterns and the finished items