I eventually managed to get the stripes to match up!
Moderator: admin
I eventually managed to get the stripes to match up!
http://img373.imageshack.us/img373/1701/p1010450he0.jpg
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1820/p1010456lg1.jpg
At last its finished. :lol:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1820/p1010456lg1.jpg
At last its finished. :lol:
hi
thanks ladies, it was Elle escapade d/k (swinging ) nice and soft which surprised me as its 100% acrylic, its much brighter than it is on the computer screen,it took me a long time to knit and quite a few times it nearly ended up in the bin,but a little ball of wool wasn't going to beat me!!!!!!!!!! there is a bit of waste if you want the stripes to match up.
must serch all the stash now and start all over again
have a lovely day,
ann
thanks ladies, it was Elle escapade d/k (swinging ) nice and soft which surprised me as its 100% acrylic, its much brighter than it is on the computer screen,it took me a long time to knit and quite a few times it nearly ended up in the bin,but a little ball of wool wasn't going to beat me!!!!!!!!!! there is a bit of waste if you want the stripes to match up.
must serch all the stash now and start all over again
have a lovely day,
ann
Hi Irene.
no think I will stick to baby/toddler knitting for that wool, otherwise I would be knitting myself a wig when I had pulled all my hair out haha if I do anything for myself it will be chunky or aran. my sons partner now wants the jumper in " river rafting" for the baby and 3 people in the baby day nursery have asked if they can have them as well, " what have I let myself in for "
have a good evening.
ann
no think I will stick to baby/toddler knitting for that wool, otherwise I would be knitting myself a wig when I had pulled all my hair out haha if I do anything for myself it will be chunky or aran. my sons partner now wants the jumper in " river rafting" for the baby and 3 people in the baby day nursery have asked if they can have them as well, " what have I let myself in for "
have a good evening.
ann
hi
good morning ladies, had an idea with the wool thats over going to try and do a pair of socks, really dosn't matter too much if the stripes line up or not on them, but they must be done on 2 needles anyone got any ideas where i can get a pattern must be easy!!!!!!!! and thanks Janine for telling me about the wool you can relax now haha.
ann
good morning ladies, had an idea with the wool thats over going to try and do a pair of socks, really dosn't matter too much if the stripes line up or not on them, but they must be done on 2 needles anyone got any ideas where i can get a pattern must be easy!!!!!!!! and thanks Janine for telling me about the wool you can relax now haha.
ann
Hi Ann
I made my first pair of socks last week using this simple pattern on 2 needles. http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/PATTsoxon2stix.html
Liz
I made my first pair of socks last week using this simple pattern on 2 needles. http://knitty.com/ISSUEfall06/PATTsoxon2stix.html
Liz
I know what you mean, I'm trying to study but the sun is lovely today! Fingers crossed it'll be nice all weekend!
Let me know how you get on with your socks, if you find other good patterns let me know, cos I can't manage circular and I have a fear of losing 4/5 double pointed needles...must try them at some point, as I did buy some!
Liz
Let me know how you get on with your socks, if you find other good patterns let me know, cos I can't manage circular and I have a fear of losing 4/5 double pointed needles...must try them at some point, as I did buy some!
Liz
Last edited by Liz on 22 May 2008 04:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.


