Elle escapade d/k wool
Moderator: admin
Elle escapade d/k wool
Hi
has anyone knitted with this wool.was wondering what it turned out like? I like the look of the River Rafting one.
ann
has anyone knitted with this wool.was wondering what it turned out like? I like the look of the River Rafting one.
ann
I found that some of my balls of wool started with the same colour, so I tried to match that way when I needed a new ball, but as I'm knitting a cardigan, the fronts are only half the width, so the pattern is different anyway. It doesn't look that odd to me, but I guess you might find it strange if you were a perfectionist! 
Hi Janine
thanks for that will give it a try and see what happens, there will either be a photo here, or it will finish up in the bin, will let you all know, got 3 balls from my local carboot sale the lady bought 4 and she was having trouble matching them all up and decided to give up,its the one called "swinging" not my first choice its a bit bright!!!!!!!! but got the pattern and wool for £4 a bargain.
ann
thanks for that will give it a try and see what happens, there will either be a photo here, or it will finish up in the bin, will let you all know, got 3 balls from my local carboot sale the lady bought 4 and she was having trouble matching them all up and decided to give up,its the one called "swinging" not my first choice its a bit bright!!!!!!!! but got the pattern and wool for £4 a bargain.
ann
I think a lot of the fun of this yarn is that it doesn't match up .... and I am a perfectionist
I think it is sometimes better for something to obviously not match than for something to nearly match - this could be one of those times
Presumably you get the same feelings when knitting any variegated yarn such as Sirdar yo-yo or JCB Magi-knit.
As to any odd lengths - I always keep them for sewing up or button bands - failing that - kids love variegated yarn so get them knitting
I think it is sometimes better for something to obviously not match than for something to nearly match - this could be one of those times
Presumably you get the same feelings when knitting any variegated yarn such as Sirdar yo-yo or JCB Magi-knit.
As to any odd lengths - I always keep them for sewing up or button bands - failing that - kids love variegated yarn so get them knitting
Last edited by admin on 12 May 2008 05:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Admin
www.knitone.co.uk
www.knitone.co.uk
Hi Ann
I know exactly how you feel. I love self patterning yarns, but things have to match for me too. For example how do you keep the fairisle the same when you finish one ball and start the next.
One of the sirdar wools(I think it is bonus flash but i am not sure)tells you to use two balls of wool at a time, one for the knit row and one for the purl.It might be worth a try
Good Luck
Irene
PS Lets kow how it goes
I know exactly how you feel. I love self patterning yarns, but things have to match for me too. For example how do you keep the fairisle the same when you finish one ball and start the next.
Good Luck
Irene
PS Lets kow how it goes


