Toys I've made

In this section you can show off what you have made and post links to any online galleries you have.

Moderator: admin

Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Toys I've made

Post by Liz »

Hi everyone

I thought I'd get all my knitted toys out to see what I'd made...I took a photo and thought I'd put it online.

I've also got 3 more boxes of clothes/hats/bags etc that I've made.

Liz

Image
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

Hi Liz
they are brilliant,what are you going to do with them all?
Ann
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

Thanks Ann

I sometimes sell them at craft fairs. I need to do something because I'm running out of room! I have boxes full of yarn and boxes full of things I've made!

Liz
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

Hi
Liz,
mine are stored in bags, boxes, and now under the beds,people will buy them, buy really want them for pennies, theres a lot of work in knitting toys, people don't realise that.
ann
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

When I do sell them they are pretty much at cost...I love making them and I can't imagine not knitting something.
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

They are really lovely! :D I keep seeing people's toys on here and think I must give it a go, but I've really nowhere to keep them, so what would I do when they were finished and I couldn't bear to part with them?! :?
grant42
.....
.....
Posts: 129
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK

Post by grant42 »

They are lovely Liz. :)
Cheryl

Ravelry ID: grant42
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

Hi Liz, they are brilliant!

I tend to only make them to order now or as presents or to raise money for charity. Like Liz says, it's difficult getting a realistic price for them but like you Liz, I just love making them. I've just finished another rabbit for a friend and now I'm making mice to fill with catnip to raise money for the United Kingdom Ragdoll Cat Charity.
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

This is the Alan Dart mermaid, I used what was left in my stash rather than the yarn in the pattern and I'm rather pleased with her.

Image

Image
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

She's lovely! How long did it take you?
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

Thank you. I was really nervous about embroidering her face...don't know why.

She didn't take long to make. I knitted her in a couple of evenings and made her up in 1 evening.

I did realise after I'd made her that I shouldn't have stuffed her fingers but I couldn't be bothered to unpick her and re stuff her arms...I'll remember for next time!

Liz
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

I've finally got round to putting photos onto my blog. The above photos are on there plus some things I've made before.
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hi

I think she is lovely. I really like the way you have done her hair.

Janet
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Your mermaid is lovely :)
Beanie
....
....
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 07:46 pm

Post by Beanie »

Aww Liz (how are you?)

She is lovely.

Have you looked at esty for an outlet for selling your toys?
Post Reply