adding a pocket

If you have any questions about knitting please add them here for others to answer.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
karinmackk
..
..
Posts: 14
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:14 am
Location: highlands

adding a pocket

Post by karinmackk »

Can any tell me how to insert a pocket as I'm going along. I don't want to add it on after I've finished.
I vaguely remember that you have to put stitches on a holder for the pocket top but nothing else. :oops:

:thanks:
karin
User avatar
Heksie
..
..
Posts: 22
Joined: 18 Jan 2008 08:53 pm
Location: Waterfall South Africa

pockets

Post by Heksie »

:wink:
Hi Karin

I do have instructions on how to do it but will have to look for it and then translate it as it is in afrikaans. Please give me a few days to look for it.

Heksie
karinmackk
..
..
Posts: 14
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:14 am
Location: highlands

Post by karinmackk »

that would be great thanks, my Afrikaans is non existant :laugh:

karin
User avatar
Heksie
..
..
Posts: 22
Joined: 18 Jan 2008 08:53 pm
Location: Waterfall South Africa

pockets

Post by Heksie »

Karin
I have found the instructions but are currently translating it and knitting a small sample to ensure that I give you the correct instructions. Please bear with me for a few days more
heksie :roll:
karinmackk
..
..
Posts: 14
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:14 am
Location: highlands

Post by karinmackk »

Thanks so much for going to all that trouble. Hopefully one day I might be able to return the favour.

thanks again
karin
soha
.
.
Posts: 1
Joined: 21 Sep 2013 07:38 am

Post by soha »

just thought I could also mention that should your knitting be in rib, then casting of in rib ensure that the last row has a little stretch to it. I found it works very well for instance when knitting booties from the foot up. also when you have knitted the neck band in on a jumper, especially for todlers or children. Make the pulling over the head easy.
Post Reply