Circle

If you have any questions about knitting please add them here for others to answer.

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
Sue
.
.
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Oct 2007 10:04 am

Circle

Post by Sue »

Is it possible to knit a flat circle on two ordinary needles? I like to felt knitted bags and would like to make a round one, at my daughters request. I know I could crochet a circle but I like to knit in another yarn with the wool for a mottled effect which wont work in crochet I dont think. Any ideas? :?
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hi Sue

Well I have seen squares and hexagons done in knitting on 2 needles. They were knitted from either the outside in or the inside out by putting regular decreases or increases along the rows.
You ended up with just one seam from the middle of the shape to the edge to join the shape together.

Would that be any use?

Janet
Sue
.
.
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Oct 2007 10:04 am

Circles

Post by Sue »

Thank you Janet, I will give that a try!
Sue
Beanie
....
....
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 07:46 pm

Post by Beanie »

Sue

Have a go a short row knitting I do triangles that way and i I imagine if I did'nt change direction I would end up with a circle

Zoe
Sue
.
.
Posts: 4
Joined: 30 Oct 2007 10:04 am

Post by Sue »

Thanks Zoe but I'm not sure what you mean? :?
Sue x
Beanie
....
....
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 07:46 pm

Post by Beanie »

Hi

Basically if you have 10 stitches each row you knit 1 less stitch untill you have 2 stiches and then knit the row complete then start again so one end would be shorter then the other. (does that make sense)
Post Reply