sublime pattern boook

Did you buy a Pattern Book that you absolutely loved? Or brought a yarn which fell to bits? Write a review for others to view here.

Moderator: admin

exiled

sublime pattern boook

Post by exiled »

After all the damning things I have said about Sirdar and modern pattern writer,The Sublime book contradicts all .Over my morning cup of tea, I read through and was impressed by the clarity of the patterns.It even explains fully general knitting terms.What is even better,after decrease rows,it states how many stitches you should have left.No scribbled subtraction sums on scraps of paper!
Well done to their pattern designer!
knitting not smoking
ann

Post by ann »

hi
perhaps they have either had a lot of complaints, or they have been reading this forum, but credit where its due.
ann
exiled

praise where it is due

Post by exiled »

They used to say"vote with your feet".Perhaps we now should re/name it.
Anything that will make big companies take note of the opinions of consumers is fine by me.
knitting not smoking
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Welcome to this forum.

There are lots of websites which have free patterns but you must be careful. Some sites have illegal downloads or copies of patterns - some just to draw you in and then start charging and some may even have viruses.

You must make sure that the actual designer of the pattern is the person supplying the pattern. For instance, Jean Greenhowe has some free patterns on her website.

http://www.jeangreenhowe.com/patterns.html