All my knitting life , over 50 years, I have cast on the same way as my Mum did, the cable cast on. I keep reading patterns that say cast on using the thumb method, and American books that say the long tail cast on.
So , I went on the net and have learnt to do both, sitting at the PC with yarn and needles. The thumb method I might use, but the other I can do, but feel very awkward.
That,s all, have a nice Saturday!
Never too old to learn! casting on
Moderators: admin, lulu, Dianne
Never too old to learn! casting on
knitting not smoking
thumb method
Thank you for that, Anne. I will remember that and be selective as to when I use it,Betty
knitting not smoking
-
lolapaluuza
- .

- Posts: 1
- Joined: 27 Jul 2020 06:02 pm
Normally i would say a friend is the best way to learn, but at the moment it is probably YouTube.
The following books have a How to Knit section in them.
Sirdar Learn to knit Book 292
Sirdar Big Softie Knits for Beginners Book 344
Sirdar Kiko Super Chunky (Learn to Knit) Book 451
Sirdar Husky Super Chunky Book 472
We also have a How to Knit page online.
https://www.knitting-yarn.co.uk/m-info-knit.htm
The following books have a How to Knit section in them.
Sirdar Learn to knit Book 292
Sirdar Big Softie Knits for Beginners Book 344
Sirdar Kiko Super Chunky (Learn to Knit) Book 451
Sirdar Husky Super Chunky Book 472
We also have a How to Knit page online.
https://www.knitting-yarn.co.uk/m-info-knit.htm
Admin
www.knitone.co.uk
www.knitone.co.uk


