Added in September 2009

Sirdar Patterns, Yarns and Books

Locked as we will not be getting anything new from this supplier.

Moderator: admin

Locked
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1660
Joined: 10 Oct 2007 09:31 pm
Contact:

Added in September 2009

Post by admin »

Well technically some were added in August but I forgot to put them on here :oops:

Click DK - 3 New colours now in stock 'by the ball'

Image
Verve (110) - this is a really interesting colour - click HERE for more info

Image
Blazer (111)

Image
Wild (112)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Snuggly 4ply - 2 colours now in stock 'by the ball' - requested by a customer :D

Image
Wobble (403)

Image
Blink (406)

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NEW YARN
Hayfield Baby Bonus Lustre DK

6 Pre-order colours

10 x 100g balls

89% Acrylic, 11% Viscose
Last edited by admin on 18 Apr 2022 10:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1660
Joined: 10 Oct 2007 09:31 pm
Contact:

Snowball by Sirdar - the scarf in a ball yarn

Post by admin »

Sirdar have brought out a yarn specially for scarves - it even has a scarf pattern on the inside which uses 8mm needles.

Sirdar Snowball

Introductory Offer

One ball makes a really luxuriously soft and very long scarf.

It can use it for lots of other things too - blankets, cushion covers, lots of bags, trimmings to kids hats, ponchos, fringing, waistcoats and decorative panels in garments.

9 colours are now in stock including 3 lovely multi colour ones. 3 more colours should be in stock shortly.

Image
Last edited by admin on 18 Apr 2022 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yvette
..
..
Posts: 20
Joined: 15 Oct 2007 10:46 pm

Post by yvette »

have you tried knitting the new yarn is it easy to knit.it looks lovely
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

I havent knitted this one yet, but had great success with Big Ball Funny, which I think is very similar. It took a while to get the casting on right, but once I got going I couldn't stop! :lol: Everybody I know has a scarf in it! :roll: But I may have to try out this new one too! I especially like the look of the Tutti Frutti. 8)
User avatar
Dianne
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 8
Joined: 14 Feb 2008 10:55 pm
Location: Peterborough
Contact:

Alan Dart Simply Knitting Vampire Bat yarn

Post by Dianne »

Hayfield Bonus DK

The Neon Colour needed for the Alan Dart Vampire Bat from Simply Knitting is now in stock by the ball.

Sorry for the delay in getting this in - and for running out of Purple and White. We normally find out about Alan's patterns before they are published but we didn't this one.

We do have the list of yarns for the next couple of months so will try and make sure we have all those in stock before the magazines come out.
62helen
.
.
Posts: 1
Joined: 11 May 2009 11:02 am

Sirdar Snowball

Post by 62helen »

I bought Tutti Frutti which is a very pretty mix and it took me about 40 minutes to make the actual scarf (once you get the technique right it makes up very quicky but I did a practice run for a few rows first just to get the tension right) but the fiddly bit is the fringe. My husband tried to help (!) but got in a mess. Once I relaxed and really thought about what I had to do (and the instructions are clear on the ball band) it went very well. I now have a beautiful, very cosy scarf. So, give it a go! :D
Locked