Christmas Knits

If you just want to chat or sound off about anything (it does not have to be craft related) you can do that here.
If a subject comes up frequently we will add it as a new forum.

Moderators: admin, lulu, Dianne

Post Reply
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Christmas Knits

Post by Northernknitter »

Do many of you make knitted Christmas gifts for your friends and family? And if you do what is your favourite thing to make?
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

Hi

I have done in the past, toys for kids and hats and scarves for people. How about yourself?

Liz
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Hi Liz

I have made a few bits and pieces (usually jumpers for nephew or nieces, while they are young). However I'm thinking it would be a good idea for next year! (I'm not starting now for this year! :lol: )
grant42
.....
.....
Posts: 129
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK

Post by grant42 »

I have not made any yet,i keep promising to make my sister a cardigan with Marilyn Munroe on,but still have not got round to it :oops: hopefully next xmas she will get one. :)
Cheryl

Ravelry ID: grant42
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

I made a cardi for my Nan one year and my Dad had to sit and wait until 11:30 pm on xmas eve for me to finish it and wrap it up so that he could deliver it :oops:

Last year a made a scarf for my work's secret santa - that was done on time :wink:
searchfamilies
..
..
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
Contact:

Re: Christmas Knits

Post by searchfamilies »

I have in the past made christmas garments, as my mum passed away a couple of months ago i have not done much i have done some socks for DGC but i am seting myself a challenge from January which is to turn my fabric & yarn stash in to a gift stash i am a novice quilter so that what the fabric will be doing & the yarn will become knitted items i have a large stash of cotton that has come from the USA they make dishcloths/facecloths so will do these & i can make up a basket by adding shower/bath stuff to go along with it.
Northernknitter wrote:Do many of you make knitted Christmas gifts for your friends and family? And if you do what is your favourite thing to make?
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Sorry to hear about your mum.

Good luck with your gift stash next year :D
searchfamilies
..
..
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
Contact:

Post by searchfamilies »

Thanks, she was 97 when she died & the day before she passed in her sleep her hands was going as if she was knitting, i say she Purl her way to Heaven
Northernknitter wrote:Sorry to hear about your mum.

Good luck with your gift stash next year :D
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

I have a book about crocheted tree ornaments. I am going to have a go at making those this year.

Searchfamilies, I love the way you spoke about your Mum purling her way to heaven - hope I can manage to do that.
ImageImage
searchfamilies
..
..
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
Contact:

Post by searchfamilies »

Thanks She loved her knitting & my dad said it was 25 years before mum knitted for him (too busy knitting for the kids) well he passed away 20 years ago so now she can knit for him again lol

I been doing some back scrubbers if you like to look on my blog you see it with a link to the pattern.
Flystitch wrote:I have a book about crocheted tree ornaments. I am going to have a go at making those this year.

Searchfamilies, I love the way you spoke about your Mum purling her way to heaven - hope I can manage to do that.
Beanie
....
....
Posts: 53
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 07:46 pm

Post by Beanie »

oh what a lovely thread, I too hope i purl my way to heaven.

I knit gifts bags, scarfs, sock, gloves.

This year I was late with them. I am starting NOW for 2009 and I hopefully will have a big stash of gifts.
searchfamilies
..
..
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
Contact:

Post by searchfamilies »

I just learnt to do socks with heels so i did manage to do some, but with mum being ill then passing i was so behind so i have already made a start for next Christmas i will need the whole year to get everything done especially as some will be quilted items so i said i am turning my Yarn & Fabric Stash in to a Gift Stash
Beanie wrote:oh what a lovely thread, I too hope i purl my way to heaven.

I knit gifts bags, scarfs, sock, gloves.

This year I was late with them. I am starting NOW for 2009 and I hopefully will have a big stash of gifts.
searchfamilies
..
..
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
Contact:

Post by searchfamilies »

I can't crochet & i never knitted ornaments for the tree good luck with doing yours
searchfamilies wrote:Thanks She loved her knitting & my dad said it was 25 years before mum knitted for him (too busy knitting for the kids) well he passed away 20 years ago so now she can knit for him again lol

I been doing some back scrubbers if you like to look on my blog you see it with a link to the pattern.
Flystitch wrote:I have a book about crocheted tree ornaments. I am going to have a go at making those this year.

Searchfamilies, I love the way you spoke about your Mum purling her way to heaven - hope I can manage to do that.
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

Checked out your blog Searchfamilies. Loved the picture of you and your Mum and the goodies you have made.
ImageImage
searchfamilies
..
..
Posts: 10
Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
Contact:

Post by searchfamilies »

Thank you, you can see we are both wearing Aran, the photo was taken when we was on holiday in Scotland quite a few years ago now
Post Reply