Christmas Knits
Moderators: admin, lulu, Dianne
- Northernknitter
- ....

- Posts: 93
- Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm
Christmas Knits
Do many of you make knitted Christmas gifts for your friends and family? And if you do what is your favourite thing to make?
- Northernknitter
- ....

- Posts: 93
- Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm
-
searchfamilies
- ..

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
- Contact:
Re: Christmas Knits
I have in the past made christmas garments, as my mum passed away a couple of months ago i have not done much i have done some socks for DGC but i am seting myself a challenge from January which is to turn my fabric & yarn stash in to a gift stash i am a novice quilter so that what the fabric will be doing & the yarn will become knitted items i have a large stash of cotton that has come from the USA they make dishcloths/facecloths so will do these & i can make up a basket by adding shower/bath stuff to go along with it.
Northernknitter wrote:Do many of you make knitted Christmas gifts for your friends and family? And if you do what is your favourite thing to make?
- Northernknitter
- ....

- Posts: 93
- Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm
-
searchfamilies
- ..

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
- Contact:
-
searchfamilies
- ..

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
- Contact:
Thanks She loved her knitting & my dad said it was 25 years before mum knitted for him (too busy knitting for the kids) well he passed away 20 years ago so now she can knit for him again lol
I been doing some back scrubbers if you like to look on my blog you see it with a link to the pattern.
I been doing some back scrubbers if you like to look on my blog you see it with a link to the pattern.
Flystitch wrote:I have a book about crocheted tree ornaments. I am going to have a go at making those this year.
Searchfamilies, I love the way you spoke about your Mum purling her way to heaven - hope I can manage to do that.
-
searchfamilies
- ..

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
- Contact:
I just learnt to do socks with heels so i did manage to do some, but with mum being ill then passing i was so behind so i have already made a start for next Christmas i will need the whole year to get everything done especially as some will be quilted items so i said i am turning my Yarn & Fabric Stash in to a Gift Stash
Beanie wrote:oh what a lovely thread, I too hope i purl my way to heaven.
I knit gifts bags, scarfs, sock, gloves.
This year I was late with them. I am starting NOW for 2009 and I hopefully will have a big stash of gifts.
-
searchfamilies
- ..

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
- Contact:
I can't crochet & i never knitted ornaments for the tree good luck with doing yours
searchfamilies wrote:Thanks She loved her knitting & my dad said it was 25 years before mum knitted for him (too busy knitting for the kids) well he passed away 20 years ago so now she can knit for him again lol
I been doing some back scrubbers if you like to look on my blog you see it with a link to the pattern.
Flystitch wrote:I have a book about crocheted tree ornaments. I am going to have a go at making those this year.
Searchfamilies, I love the way you spoke about your Mum purling her way to heaven - hope I can manage to do that.
-
searchfamilies
- ..

- Posts: 10
- Joined: 19 Dec 2008 01:10 pm
- Contact:


