about myself dotty

Here you can let everyone know a bit about yourself and your interests.

Moderators: admin, lulu

Post Reply
dotty
.
.
Posts: 2
Joined: 15 Nov 2008 10:56 pm

about myself dotty

Post by dotty »

Iam 56 in jan and love doing craft I like to try new craft I can knit, crochet, have dress made, cross stitch, card make, I like to cook and make bread. I have two children my daughter has given me two grandson, but my son is still at home which does help as my mum is 89 years old and has just had a part hip op and has vascular dementia which can be a handfull I find craft does help to keep me going. I live in London which means there is very little in wool or craft shops thank god for the internet. :roll: :wink:
Dotty
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

Hi! Welcome to the forum! :D Glad to hear you get help from your family and that you have hobbies to keep your spirits up. My Mum also suffered from dementia and my sister and I are both crafters, so its nice to know there are other people out there like me! :lol:
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hi Dotty

My mum also had dementia. It is hard work. I found knitting and other craft a great relief and useful if I had to sit with her for many hours.

Hope you enjoy the forum.

Janet
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

Sounds like you have a lot to keep you busy Dotty,
I live in West London and you are right about the lack of wool and craft shops. We do have one shop but only sells the cheaper brands of yarn :roll:
Our one decent wool shop closed and the lady moved to Somerset. We do have access to several bead shops though, seems to be the newest popular craft.
ImageImage
User avatar
Purplegem
.
.
Posts: 9
Joined: 17 Nov 2007 07:17 am
Location: Sussex
Contact:

Post by Purplegem »

Hello Dotty,
Sounds like you have a busy life, it's lovely to have crafts to relax with and unwind and have a bit of 'me time'.

Best wishes,
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Hello and welcome :D

I love your avatar!
Post Reply