my own brilliant idea

If you just want to chat or sound off about anything (it does not have to be craft related) you can do that here.
If a subject comes up frequently we will add it as a new forum.

Moderators: admin, lulu, Dianne

Post Reply
User avatar
Heksie
..
..
Posts: 22
Joined: 18 Jan 2008 08:53 pm
Location: Waterfall South Africa

my own brilliant idea

Post by Heksie »

in between all my other crafting things I have come up with an idea which is working like a bomb for me. I first sorted all my smaller balls of 4ply wool more or less colour co-ordinated together to enable me to start making granny squares (where each row is a different colour) while wathing TV or listning to my radio programs. Well here is my bright idea I took a very sturdy box with a lid (received as a giftbox with 6 glasses last xmas). as it already has the divider in I just made small holes in the lid to correspond with each divider. so now I put a colour in a section thread the one end of the ball through the little hole: close the lid and now my 6 colour balls cannot get twisted. When I have to leave the project the wool & crochet work stays intack. I start with the smallest ball for the inner circle and so forth. I also make the rows so that the colours differ in each square.
heksie
grant42
.....
.....
Posts: 129
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK

Post by grant42 »

Excellent idea,i must try it when i am knitting intarsia.
Cheryl

Ravelry ID: grant42
User avatar
Heksie
..
..
Posts: 22
Joined: 18 Jan 2008 08:53 pm
Location: Waterfall South Africa

brilliant idea

Post by Heksie »

Hi Cheryl
thanks :P I must admit sometimes I rack my brain in a 10000 directions and then just like that an idea struck me. unfortunately these brainwaves :idea: sometimes hit me in the middle of the night and as usual I cannot wait for morning. I will get up and start with the project much to hubby's dismay.
:evil: :twisted:

Heksie
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

Brilliant idea. :!: I will pass that on to my group who make squares for blankets for the elderly.
ImageImage
Post Reply