Wind in the Willows wool

If you are looking for an old pattern or odd ball of yarn or gadget or anything else (within reason) please post here

Moderator: admin

Post Reply
Chloe
.
.
Posts: 1
Joined: 26 Oct 2007 09:27 am

Wind in the Willows wool

Post by Chloe »

Does anybody know where I can get hold of any "peregrine" wool? This is the wool that is listed in the Wind in the Willows pattern booklet for toys and sweaters but I can't find peregrine wool anywhere. Any suggestions?

Thanks
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Hello Chloe

Peregrine yarn was made by Peter Gregory but I think they went out of business a year or two ago. It was 100% acrylic yarn very like Sirdar Bonus or Stylecraft Special DK. I think you could substitute either of those yarns. You may get some Peregrine on ebay but I wouldn't count on it.

Janet
Post Reply