I've won a prize!

If you just want to chat or sound off about anything (it does not have to be craft related) you can do that here.
If a subject comes up frequently we will add it as a new forum.

Moderators: admin, lulu, Dianne

Post Reply
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

I've won a prize!

Post by Northernknitter »

I got a letter in the post today telling me I've won a voucher for "Consider the Lily" online yarn shop! It was a comp I entered in Simply Knitting......I'm really pleased :D :D :D

Mmmm now what shall I buy???!!!!! :D
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

Hi congratulations!!!!!!! never known anyone win prizes from mags before, always thought it went to some- one- in -the -know. perhaps its your lucky week, i would do an extra line on the lotto as well.
Treat yourself to a nice wool something special that perhaps you have seen and thought was too expensive.
Ann


ann
User avatar
janine
.....
.....
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Jan 2008 04:33 pm

Post by janine »

Hey, well done! Enjoy it, whatever you decide on. My mum once won money in a magazine comp and put it towards a holiday she wouldn't otherwise have been able to afford. Then every time she thought of that hol, it reminded her of her good luck, so she was cheered up for so much longer than you'd imagine.
User avatar
admin
Site Admin
Site Admin
Posts: 1660
Joined: 10 Oct 2007 09:31 pm
Contact:

Post by admin »

Well Done

We have noticed that lots of magazines have quite a few comps now - We have had a look at advertising in lets Knit and they seem to have loads. You don't even need to get the mag as you can apply online. They also have a fairly busy forum - not that we want you to defect but there must be time for both :lol:

Even we are getting in on the act. We have just been told by our Sirdar Rep about the new Click Aran. As a promotion they are giving retailers a garment made from it for displaying in their shop. Not much use to us :cry: So we have been given permission by Sirdar to give it away as a prize :D Still got to look into the legalities - that will give me something to do when I get back off holiday 8)
User avatar
jane
....
....
Posts: 86
Joined: 28 Oct 2007 07:28 pm
Location: Darley Abbey, Derby

Post by jane »

Congratulations! Make sure you get something for yourself, not to make something to give away, that way you will get to enjoy your prize for so much longer :D
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

hi
think I will stay with this forum, theres some nice people on here and its not too big and clicky ( pardon the pun ) to all those off on holiday, have a great time and hope the weather stays fine,although it is Wimbledon!!!!!!!!!

[color=darkblue][/color][size=18][/size]
Ann
Liz
....
....
Posts: 83
Joined: 13 Oct 2007 06:25 pm
Location: Bradford
Contact:

Post by Liz »

Congratulations!!! Let us know what you decide to get!

Liz
grant42
.....
.....
Posts: 129
Joined: 17 Oct 2007 09:54 am
Location: March Cambs UK

Post by grant42 »

Congratulations,i always enter SK competitions,but yet have never won.
Cheryl

Ravelry ID: grant42
Titch
..
..
Posts: 13
Joined: 02 Feb 2008 12:45 am
Location: In the wool stash

Post by Titch »

Congratulations. I haven't won anything yet either, maybe your good luck will rub off on to us :D
Flystitch
....
....
Posts: 75
Joined: 22 May 2008 04:13 pm
Location: Sunbury=on-Thames

Post by Flystitch »

How lucky. I have entered several but not won yet :( Maybe next time................ :!:
ImageImage
Janet
.....
.....
Posts: 113
Joined: 16 Oct 2007 12:55 pm
Location: Essex

Post by Janet »

Well done. :lol:

I agree that you should think of getting something really special that you would have thought too expensive or something.

Let us know what you get.

Janet
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Thanks everyone! :)

This is the first competition I've won, so I'm delighted!!

I'm being drawn to sock yarn, as I've never knit socks before, or maybe I could try some lace knitting??? :?
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

hi
did we ever find out what you decided to get when you won that competition was it sock wool?
ann
User avatar
Northernknitter
....
....
Posts: 93
Joined: 12 Nov 2007 04:50 pm

Post by Northernknitter »

Hi

I have just got my wool this week :) I got some Crystal Palace Kid Merino for some lace knitting or crochet and some sock wool to try socks! I'll try and post some pics of them :)

Image
Image
Image
ann
.....
.....
Posts: 154
Joined: 14 Jan 2008 04:02 pm

Post by ann »

hi
looks as though you are going to be busy. maybe Christmas presents
ann
Post Reply