Search found 13 matches

by knitting bod
17 May 2009 02:56 pm
Forum: Polls
Topic: Knitting Needles etc.
Replies: 6
Views: 13493

Sorry but definitely not cheap ones if that means a lower quality :( I've bought cheaper needles before only to find that the sizing was out and needles that were supposed to be 4mm were more like 4.5mm.

Even bamboo needles differ in quality, so again, good quality needles over poorer quality ...
by knitting bod
13 Apr 2009 08:24 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: SOCK WOOL
Replies: 5
Views: 12442

Opal and Regia are my personal favourites but I also have yarns from independent dyers in my sock yarn stash too. Regia and Opal yarns wear well and knit up well too. My first ever pair of socks that I knitted have just begun to wear thin at the toe and feel a bit baggy to wear 4 years after they ...
by knitting bod
13 Apr 2009 08:19 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: sirdar duet
Replies: 10
Views: 24763

Actually I've just checked on Yarndex for you and Duet has a standard tension of 21sts over 5mm needles:

click here to see info on Yarndex

so you can check your tension on 5mm needles and then start looking for patterns !

Happy knitting!!

KB
by knitting bod
13 Apr 2009 08:15 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: sirdar duet
Replies: 10
Views: 24763

Probably the best thing to do is to knit a tension swatch in stocking stitch to obtain the approximate 'standard' tension then look for patterns with this tension - Yarndex is a good way to find yarns with a matching 'standard' tension.

For example, if your stocking stitch tension is 22sts x 30 ...
by knitting bod
23 Dec 2008 09:51 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hello
Replies: 5
Views: 11946

Hi there! My favourite sock yarn is Regia - it knits up really well and washes well too. Another popular sock yarn is Opal which is rradily available at many online shops. If you google either Regia or Opal I'm sure you'll find lots of suppliers :wink:
by knitting bod
03 Aug 2008 11:20 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: new member
Replies: 11
Views: 19178

Hello Edna *waving*

Do I have lots of yarn? Um.... yep..... :oops: but that's no bad thing really!
by knitting bod
24 May 2008 05:58 pm
Forum: Customer Reviews
Topic: Sirdar patterns
Replies: 17
Views: 30102

On another forum I belong to another member had a problem with the quantity of Sirdar Calico that was stated in the pattern in that the quantities were short. It's well worth contacting Sirdar to make sure that you have the correct amount before you carry on with your garment I think!
by knitting bod
21 Feb 2008 08:39 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hello! Knitting bod here!
Replies: 7
Views: 12564

Thanks for all the lovely welcomes everyone!
by knitting bod
19 Feb 2008 09:17 pm
Forum: Looking For
Topic: Badge/brooch pins
Replies: 10
Views: 18550

Here's the link to the Get Knitted page, scroll down a little until you see the brooch backs as they are a few products down the page just beneath the kilt pins :wink:

brooch backs
by knitting bod
19 Feb 2008 09:13 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hello! Knitting bod here!
Replies: 7
Views: 12564

I'm knitting my husband a pair of socks in King Cole merino DK at the moment; I only have the toe shaping to do on the second sock and they're done!
by knitting bod
17 Feb 2008 10:25 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hello! Knitting bod here!
Replies: 7
Views: 12564

Hello! Knitting bod here!

Hello, I'm knitting bod popping in to say 'hello' to everyone.

I've been knitting for just under 30 years and always have a knitting project (or two!) on the go.
by knitting bod
17 Feb 2008 10:23 am
Forum: Customer Reviews
Topic: Lantern Moon Needles
Replies: 15
Views: 27591

I love knitting with Brittany Birch needles as they knit cotton wonderfully well without producing the 'rowing out' effect that you can get knitting with cotton sometimes. I also like knitting acrylic mixes with Pony Pearls and agree that they are not widely available - I'd love to see them on the ...
by knitting bod
17 Feb 2008 10:18 am
Forum: Looking For
Topic: Badge/brooch pins
Replies: 10
Views: 18550

I'm fairly sure that Get Knitted used to sell them but not sure if they still do.