Search found 146 matches

by ann
05 Aug 2010 08:18 am
Forum: Chat
Topic: Has everyone deserted DKY forum?
Replies: 14
Views: 23757

I would have a room full if I could not to knit just to look at. :D :D


ann
by ann
04 Aug 2010 10:29 am
Forum: Chat
Topic: Has everyone deserted DKY forum?
Replies: 14
Views: 23757

I'll talk to anyone haha


ann
by ann
03 Aug 2010 08:57 am
Forum: Chat
Topic: Has everyone deserted DKY forum?
Replies: 14
Views: 23757

Carole
you must dream about wool, but its nice that you are busy. put in for a pay rise :lol: :lol: :lol:


ann
by ann
01 Aug 2010 04:03 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: Has everyone deserted DKY forum?
Replies: 14
Views: 23757

Hi Betty
I won't go on face book either or the Ravelry the knitting one. Know what you mean about being retired and the time going by so quickly, I am sure the earth is speeding up, but my knitting seems to be slowing down, just finished a aran jacket for grandson and its taken me forever, just ...
by ann
31 Jul 2010 06:54 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: button holes
Replies: 0
Views: 5655

button holes

is there any way of making nice neat button holes, the button hole bands I do usually have 7 sts

thanks


ann
by ann
27 Jul 2010 08:53 pm
Forum: Polls
Topic: Do you take any notice of RRP's ?
Replies: 3
Views: 10221

Carole
I always shop around, I done this last week with a t.v and its not always the big stores that do the best prices. must be the same with wool, cheaper wool but higher postage/packing.

ann
by ann
27 Jul 2010 11:17 am
Forum: Other Items including UKHKA
Topic: Added in July 2010
Replies: 3
Views: 7508

Hi
just had a look at these patterns and they are brilliant


ann
by ann
26 Jul 2010 09:39 am
Forum: Chat
Topic: Has everyone deserted DKY forum?
Replies: 14
Views: 23757

Hi Betty
yes its not very busy, just you, me and Carole, could be a good forum, come on ladies join in.


ann
by ann
24 Jul 2010 02:12 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: Never too old to learn! casting on
Replies: 5
Views: 11151

Hi (Betty )
I use the thumb method all the time, but beware you cant unpick the rib stitches once you have cast on that way, ( well I cant )

ann
by ann
23 Jul 2010 01:07 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: I have lost a knitting needle
Replies: 2
Views: 8608

Hi exiled ( sorry don't know your name )
that brings back a memory, I havn't got many needles as I seem to bend them when knitting, got most of mine from charity shops, hand me downs, and car boot sales. but my O/H borrowed one of the long ones to clear a blockage in the sink, I never let him forget ...
by ann
20 Jul 2010 04:13 pm
Forum: Sublime
Topic: Added in July 2010
Replies: 3
Views: 7597

looks very nice, but out of my bracket as far as price goes.


ann
by ann
19 Jul 2010 09:21 pm
Forum: Customer Reviews
Topic: Patons Dew, and message for Ann
Replies: 2
Views: 8123

Hi
have you seen some of the prices they ask for patterns on e-bay Alan Dart ones go for silly money.and some of them are just cut from mags.

ann
by ann
19 Jul 2010 09:10 am
Forum: General
Topic: change colour, change texture
Replies: 11
Views: 57424

Hi
will have a look at what D.K.Y have as I need 2 Jean Greenhowe patterns as well I don't buy off e- bay my neighbour bought wool there and all the balls came back with different dye shade codes on them. Will steer clear of the tangerine.
Happy Knitting


ann
by ann
18 Jul 2010 01:45 pm
Forum: General
Topic: change colour, change texture
Replies: 11
Views: 57424

Hi
can you still get Elle wool I used a lot of that last year, and I liked it , but must admit I don't do a lot of black as sewing that colour up makes my eyes boggle I thought Elle had been taken over by another company ( might be wrong ) but thats what my local wool shop told me before he closed ...
by ann
14 Jun 2010 07:32 pm
Forum: Polls
Topic: Mixed DK Packs
Replies: 1
Views: 6722

some people wouldn't mind " pot luck " mixed colours especially if they are doing toys, blankets and things like that, but if you are knitting for babies/toddlers it could be awkward.



ann