Search found 86 matches

by jane
12 Jul 2010 03:46 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: Why do people say they have 'knit' something
Replies: 5
Views: 12239

Well, from one grumpy old woman to another my most annoying phrase is 'off of'. It's everywhere, tv, films radio, even my daughter uses it all of the time but it really, really aggravates me!!!!!

I agree Scorsbluebell, it should be knitted as in knit, knitting, knitted. :D
by jane
15 May 2009 07:00 pm
Forum: Polls
Topic: Knitting Needles etc.
Replies: 6
Views: 13485

I haven't voted as I only use bamboo or wooden ones now. I find they are much better for me, apart from that I only use circulars and I really like the interchangeable too so I pay the price!!
by jane
16 Apr 2009 11:30 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Another noob!
Replies: 5
Views: 11932

Hi Tracey, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have had a stressful time recently, I hope you find that your knitting calms you and brings a sense of achievement.
by jane
16 Apr 2009 11:26 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: new member
Replies: 4
Views: 10821

Hi Valerie

Welcome to the forum. It would be lovely to see photos of your crochet, it seems to be something I would love to be able to do better than I can now but don't know how to progress. Inspiration may help!!
by jane
31 Mar 2009 08:43 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hello everyone
Replies: 8
Views: 15661

Hi Mel, congratulations on getting the hang of crochet, you'll get hours of satisfaction from both doing it and admiring the things you have made. I too am in Derbyshire so if you fancy another go at knitting at any time let me know and maybe we could meet up and I could help.
by jane
15 Mar 2009 06:52 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: I`m a newbie.
Replies: 6
Views: 13772

Hi Vonnie, welcome to the forum
by jane
15 Oct 2008 07:28 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: Look at this on ebay
Replies: 7
Views: 15467

I think it's time to sort through the knitting patterns :lol:
by jane
22 Aug 2008 09:44 pm
Forum: Look what I've Done!!
Topic: Another finished item
Replies: 5
Views: 11990

That looks lovely, and such a pretty colour too.
by jane
22 Aug 2008 09:43 pm
Forum: Look what I've Done!!
Topic: Crochet Clown
Replies: 7
Views: 14902

He's lovely, well done. I lovve a good way to use up all of the oddments!!
by jane
02 Aug 2008 08:19 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: Painting
Replies: 6
Views: 12455

It discolours quickly too - even in a non-smoking household.
by jane
02 Aug 2008 08:17 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: new member
Replies: 11
Views: 19173

Hi Edna, welcome to the forum. It sounds like you will fit in here very well. Personally, I have just bought 3 more batches of yarn to add to the 7 lots I already have, all with projects in mind!!
by jane
24 Jul 2008 11:25 am
Forum: Look what I've Done!!
Topic: baby
Replies: 8
Views: 14080

Hi Ann

She's lovely, does she have a name?
by jane
23 Jul 2008 11:39 pm
Forum: Look what I've Done!!
Topic: Finished Objects
Replies: 7
Views: 13851

They're very nice - and environmentally friendly too
by jane
23 Jul 2008 11:37 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hello everyone from Jane
Replies: 10
Views: 16516

Hi Jane

it sounds like you will fit in well around here. I look forward to 'chatting' to you too - we may have more in common than just the name :D

Jane
by jane
11 Jul 2008 02:28 pm
Forum: Look what I've Done!!
Topic: Crochet novice
Replies: 6
Views: 11338

Crochet novice

I've never really done any crochet before other than little squares that my Grandma taught me how to do when I was about 10 and I haven't done any of them for years, but last week I picked up a book at the library and decided to have a go. This is the result.......

http://i195.photobucket.com ...