Search found 30 matches

by irene
24 May 2008 01:56 pm
Forum: General
Topic: corking
Replies: 5
Views: 12350

Yes I can ann, we used to do it a lot when we were kids.
Hate to admit though, because i think we are showing our age :wink:
best wishes
Irene
by irene
21 May 2008 07:46 pm
Forum: Look what I've Done!!
Topic: I eventually managed to get the stripes to match up!
Replies: 18
Views: 29714

Hi ann,
Thats what you get for being such a good knitter, and so patience.
I bet you wish you hadnt shown it to them know. :cry:
Best wishes and good luck
Irene :wink:
by irene
21 May 2008 06:57 pm
Forum: Look what I've Done!!
Topic: I eventually managed to get the stripes to match up!
Replies: 18
Views: 29714

Thats lovely Ann. you managed to make it match after all. Do you think you would knit an adult garment with it, or is that testing your patience to much? :wink:
Well done
Irene :)
by irene
12 May 2008 07:42 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: Elle escapade d/k wool
Replies: 13
Views: 19574

If you are anything like me, it will be in the bin by then or you wont have any hair left :x
Irene :wink:
by irene
12 May 2008 07:11 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: Elle escapade d/k wool
Replies: 13
Views: 19574

Hi Ann
I know exactly how you feel. I love self patterning yarns, but things have to match for me too. For example how do you keep the fairisle the same when you finish one ball and start the next. :? One of the sirdar wools(I think it is bonus flash but i am not sure)tells you to use two balls of ...
by irene
05 May 2008 06:47 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: New
Replies: 8
Views: 13358

Hi
welcome to our forum.I to like aran knitting. You must be quite an expert to be able to design your own patterns
Irene :wave:
by irene
12 Apr 2008 01:33 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: Elle escapade d/k wool
Replies: 13
Views: 19574

I like the river rafting to. Is it brighter than it looks on the computer screne? Some times that happens. What are you knitting with it?I would like to see it knitted up
best wishes
Irene :)
by irene
27 Mar 2008 06:37 pm
Forum: Questions about this forum
Topic: Members Only Section
Replies: 9
Views: 15304

Sounds like a good idea Carol :thumb2:
Irene
by irene
20 Mar 2008 07:02 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: paintbox
Replies: 4
Views: 10599

Thanks Ann,
You have made up my mind for me.Your right you do get what you pay for and i would kick myself if all that knitting was wasted.
Thanks again
Irene :)
by irene
19 Mar 2008 07:03 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: paintbox
Replies: 4
Views: 10599

Thanks for that Ann
I am still in two minds wether to by it though. It might be a bit scatchy it is only 80p per 100gr but the colours are lovely. Oh I dont know what to do. what do you think :?: :roll:
irene
by irene
17 Mar 2008 07:29 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: paintbox
Replies: 4
Views: 10599

paintbox

Hi,
has anyone ever used or heard of a yarn called Paintbox? It is a self patterning yarn, in some very nice colours.I spotted it on the market yesterday but didnt risk buying any because there was know infomation on the ball band about fiber content or washing instuctions.If anyone can help I know ...
by irene
09 Feb 2008 11:54 am
Forum: James C.Brett
Topic: Added February 2008
Replies: 3
Views: 7648

Hi Carol,
Do you think JC Bretts have any plans to do this type of wool in darker adult colours? Hope so.
Best wishes
Irene :)
by irene
07 Feb 2008 07:02 pm
Forum: Look what I've Done!!
Topic: Projects I have done in the past month.
Replies: 36
Views: 54264

The slippers look great Bee.
Where did you get the pattern from and did you have to stitch a sole on?
I wear those sort of slippers all the time but i have never thought of knitting them. What a good idea. :thumb2:
best wishes
Irene :)
by irene
14 Jan 2008 07:59 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: "hello"I am new
Replies: 12
Views: 18251

hello ann, and welcome to our forum
Irene :)
by irene
14 Dec 2007 07:08 pm
Forum: Customer Reviews
Topic: J.C.Bretts Marble DK
Replies: 4
Views: 10518

J.C.Bretts Marble DK

Hi everyone,
just a tip to anyone who might be thinking of buying J.C.Bretts Marble DK. buy an extra ball, because it uses a lot more yarn than normal.I have just done a plain cardigan size 38 and only 23 length and it has taken 6 100g balls, the pattern says 5 100g balls. I must add it is an great ...