Search found 14 matches

by karinmackk
26 Jan 2008 11:37 am
Forum: Crochet
Topic: Twilleys HC1
Replies: 6
Views: 14169

Hi,
I don't know if this will help but if you go to the Lionbrand free pattern site they have lots of amigurumi patterns with some info on tension and sizes.

http://cache.lionbrand.com/content-croc ... d=Children

good luck
karin
by karinmackk
26 Jan 2008 11:26 am
Forum: Knitting
Topic: adding a pocket
Replies: 5
Views: 12630

Thanks so much for going to all that trouble. Hopefully one day I might be able to return the favour.

thanks again
karin
by karinmackk
23 Jan 2008 08:47 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: Favourites & Least Favourites ?
Replies: 9
Views: 17572

I like cables and anything that requires counting. I don't use a row counter I just keep track in my head so if it's increases/decreases or shaping I'm in heaven :big-grin: With that in mind I love knitting baby things but lose the will to live if I'm knitting for an adult :lol:

karin
by karinmackk
22 Jan 2008 07:01 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: adding a pocket
Replies: 5
Views: 12630

that would be great thanks, my Afrikaans is non existant :laugh:

karin
by karinmackk
22 Jan 2008 11:10 am
Forum: Knitting
Topic: adding a pocket
Replies: 5
Views: 12630

adding a pocket

Can any tell me how to insert a pocket as I'm going along. I don't want to add it on after I've finished.
I vaguely remember that you have to put stitches on a holder for the pocket top but nothing else. :oops:

:thanks:
karin
by karinmackk
22 Jan 2008 10:40 am
Forum: Chat
Topic: Anyone on Ravelry?
Replies: 31
Views: 54711

you've got me interested, I'm now waiting for my invite :D

thanks
karin
by karinmackk
22 Jan 2008 09:38 am
Forum: Looking For
Topic: LEFT OVER BABY COLOURED WOOL
Replies: 2
Views: 8727

Hi Linda
I'm sure I've some 2ply, 3ply , 4 ply and DK secreted in my stash somewhere. Probably mostly just odds and ends but I'll look them out if you think any of them will do. They will all be white or pale baby colours.
Let me know and I'll pass on what I find. :D

Karin
by karinmackk
22 Jan 2008 09:28 am
Forum: Knitting
Topic: loose stitches
Replies: 12
Views: 22157

Thanks Heksie,
you're advice arrived just at the right time as I was about to cast off using a cotton blend yarn. I find that this kind of yarn always gives a large loopy last stitch and you're method has solved it :D .
I have been slipping the fisrt stitch on every row as well and this has also ...
by karinmackk
28 Oct 2007 06:56 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: loose stitches
Replies: 12
Views: 22157

thanks,
now that you mention that I seem to recall my granny telling me to slip the first stitch on every row :!: :!: I gues I should've listened and saved myself a lot of trouble :oops:
I'm knitting some hats at the moment and haven't been experimenting much. I hope to get round to trying all ...
by karinmackk
19 Oct 2007 07:33 pm
Forum: Toy Designers
Topic: Jean Greenhowe Website
Replies: 21
Views: 37418

The site is great, well worth keeping an eye on.
I've got a few of her books and have knitted a few items. I knitted one of the McScarecrow clan for my brother in laws butcher shop (we live in the highlands) and knitted a haggis for it to hold!! It took quite a while to knit but was well worth it ...
by karinmackk
18 Oct 2007 09:43 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: loose stitches
Replies: 12
Views: 22157

thanks I'll give both of the ideas a go and see what suits me best. The loose stitches don't seem to matter too much when sewing up a seam but it can cause real problems when trying to pick up stitches for a button band. I've just ripped out a whole hooded cable jacket in sheer frustration at not ...
by karinmackk
18 Oct 2007 11:28 am
Forum: Knitting
Topic: loose stitches
Replies: 12
Views: 22157

thanks Cheryl I'll give that a go :)
by karinmackk
18 Oct 2007 10:03 am
Forum: Knitting
Topic: loose stitches
Replies: 12
Views: 22157

loose stitches

I did say I was going to need a lot of help :D

When knitting I often find that the first/last stitch on a row is very loose. I always try to make sure that I tighten the yarn as I go along to see if it makes any difference. It is making the edges look untidy and difficult to make up. Is it ...
by karinmackk
17 Oct 2007 09:33 am
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hello
Replies: 5
Views: 9648

Hi

Hi folks,
I'm karin, 40 something (a lot of something :? ). I thought I was disorganised when I had kids in the house but now they've gone and I have time to indulge in my knitting obsession I'm 10 times worse!! Hopefully sometime soon I'll actually know what I'm doing. Expect a lot of post looking ...