Search found 10 matches

by bumper_55
03 Aug 2008 07:52 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: Painting
Replies: 6
Views: 12453

Thanks everyone for your helpful replies. I guess I suspected what the answer would be when I asked the question. I think I will go for one of the well known brands. as with most things I guess you get what you pay for in the end. Just the colours to choose now!!
:?
Thanks
Jane
by bumper_55
02 Aug 2008 04:28 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: Left handed knitting
Replies: 5
Views: 12232

Thanks Janet - I will give it a try. I think she's a bit young at the moment but you never know! We are in Essex as well so maybe I could send her to you as you seem to be a good teacher!! :wink:
by bumper_55
01 Aug 2008 03:54 pm
Forum: James C.Brett
Topic: Added in July 2008
Replies: 2
Views: 7047

I like the look of these! I have knitted with James C Brett yarn before and can't wait to try the magi knit. That cardi looks lovely. Must finish at least one of my other WIP's first though.
by bumper_55
01 Aug 2008 03:50 pm
Forum: Knitting
Topic: Left handed knitting
Replies: 5
Views: 12232

Left handed knitting

Hi, my daughter who is nearly 4 has seen me knitting and wants to have a go. I have two problems: She is nearly 4 and she is left-handed. Any tips for teaching her?
by bumper_55
01 Aug 2008 03:47 pm
Forum: Unusual Knitting
Topic: Lunch Hour
Replies: 14
Views: 22790

I used to be really addicted and would knit almost anywhere. Long car journeys were my favourite place (when someone else is driving!). A lot of the people in the caravan club we used to belong to were knitters and we would compare projects on weekends away. I have also knitted in my lunch hour and ...
by bumper_55
01 Aug 2008 03:38 pm
Forum: Look what I've Done!!
Topic: Baby Bib
Replies: 9
Views: 15690

That's really nice. I haven't tried crochet - maybe I should give it a go.
Jane
by bumper_55
01 Aug 2008 03:35 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: new member
Replies: 11
Views: 19169

Hi, I'm new around here too, but have been made to feel very welcome. It seems like we all have more wool than we know what to do with so you're not alone.
Jane
by bumper_55
01 Aug 2008 03:32 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: Painting
Replies: 6
Views: 12453

Painting

Hello,

This is not craft related at all, but I thought someone might be able to help. I have some decorating to do in a hurry (a whole house full) and I was thinking of buying the one-coat emulsion and gloss to save a bit of time. I wondered if anyone here had tried them and how you got on. Any ...
by bumper_55
01 Aug 2008 03:21 pm
Forum: Chat
Topic: Anyone on Ravelry?
Replies: 31
Views: 54722

I have just joined the Ravelry site, thanks to the recommendations on here, but I haven't worked it all out yet. Is there anything useful that I should know or is it better to just have a look around? Seems to be so much on there that it could take some time! My username is bumper.
by bumper_55
23 Jul 2008 12:38 pm
Forum: Introduce Yourself
Topic: Hello everyone from Jane
Replies: 10
Views: 16515

Hello everyone from Jane

Hello, I have just joined the forum.
My name is Jane. I'm 40-ish and have 3 children aged 5 3 and 1. I have been a fanatical knitter for most of my life. My Grandma taught me to knit regularly until I finally grasped it. I designed and knitted a couple of things for GCSE at school and was ...