DKY Knitters Forum. Forum Index

Return to Dianne's Knitting yarns

DKY Knitters Forum.
Forum for all knitters to chat and get information on DKY Stock etc

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nanny Knitter/Cyprus

Post new topic   Reply to topic    DKY Knitters Forum. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chris Harris

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009 07:22 am    Post subject: Nanny Knitter/Cyprus Reply with quote

Hi to everyone.
I had knitted for 3 children & 5 grandchildren for many years, when work took over and it lapsed. Then 8 years ago I had a stroke (fully recovered now) and had to retire from work. I needed something to occupy me and also use as therapy so out came the needles again. My husband & I decided to retire to Cyprus which we did 6 years ago. Never regretted it for a moment and have more quality time with the children and their children than we did before, because surprise surprise they are regular vistors. Our one daughter is a teacher in the UK and I knit toys, dolls clothes and many other things for her to sell for the school funds at her Summer & Xmas fairs. You can imagine how many I have done in the past 8 years. She sells them as "Nanny Knits" and the feedback is lovely, sometimes people asking for a specific toy to be made and sent over.
I am very grateful to friends who come over only to take back another box!!
janine

PostPosted: 16 Sep 2009 08:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you keep busy! Animated Laughing
reube123

PostPosted: 02 Jul 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: nice Reply with quote

I had knitted for 3 children & 5 grandchildren for many years, when work took over and it lapsed. Then 8 years ago I had a stroke (fully recovered now) and had to retire from work. I needed something to occupy me and also use as therapy so out came the needles again. My husband & I decided to retire to Cyprus which we did 6 years ago. Never regretted it for a moment and have more quality time with the children and their children than we did before, because surprise surprise they are regular vistors. Our one daughter is a teacher in the UK and I knit toys, dolls clothes and many other things for her to sell for the school funds at her Summer & Xmas fairs. You can imagine how many I have done in the past 8 years. She sells them as "Nanny Knits" and the feedback is lovely, sometimes people asking for a specific toy to be made and sent over.
MarioDel

PostPosted: 04 Jun 2018 01:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cyprus is a beautiful place! I've been there 3 times during Summer vacations over the years. I hope you're still knitting, Chris!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    DKY Knitters Forum. Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: